Outstanding! I did a thorough search looking for a good, honest attorney that I could trust, looking at many reviews. I found Peter and made an appointment with him. The best decision and best attorney I’ve done business with in my entire life.- James M.
California Auto Accident Lawyer
Experienced Motor Vehicle Accident Attorney Seeks Maximum Compensation for Victim’s Injuries in Sacramento County, El Dorado County, Placer County, Solano County, Yolo County, and Across CA
When you have been in a California auto accident, knowing what to do next can seem overwhelming. A dedicated California auto accident lawyer at Cianchetta & Associates is here to help. We have a proven track record of obtaining compensation for auto accident victims in Sacramento County, El Dorado County, Placer County, Solano County, Yolo County, and Across CA. Our legal team has the experience to investigate your auto accident thoroughly. We use the evidence we gather to advocate for you to receive the compensation you deserve.
Contact an Experienced California Auto Accident Lawyer Today
If you or your loved one has been injured in a California auto accident, you only have a limited amount of time to file a personal injury lawsuit. The sooner you discuss your case with a lawyer, the sooner your lawyer can begin protecting your rights and negotiating with the insurance company or defendant. At Cianchetta & Associates, we offer our auto accident clients a free initial consultation. Contact us today to discuss your case with an experienced California auto accident lawyer.
Common Auto Accident Injuries in California
Even though modern-day cars have many safety features designed to minimize injuries, California residents still become severely injured in auto accidents every day. In fact, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) reports that 33,244 people died in motor vehicle crashes in 2019 alone. Airbags and seatbelts can lessen the severity of a victim’s injuries, but an auto accident can still cause long-term or even fatal injuries.
Some of the most dangerous types of auto accidents are head-on collisions and rollover accidents. The vehicle can become crushed and cause significant spinal, brain, and internal organ damage. The circumstances surrounding each auto accident are different, but some of the most common types of injuries caused by auto accidents include the following:
- Brain injuries: Brain injuries can occur in auto accidents in several different ways. First, an object such as a piece of metal can penetrate the skull and damage the brain. In other cases, the force of the accident causes a person’s brain to crash against the inside of the skull, causing bleeding, swelling, or tissue damage. Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) often have long-term effects. In some cases, the victim suffers a traumatic brain injury and needs ongoing medical care that is quite expensive.
- Broken bones: Broken bones are another common auto accident injury. T-Bone accidents, head-on collisions, and being rear-ended can all cause bone fractures. Every bone in the body is at risk during an auto accident. Treatment for a broken bone depends on the severity but could include surgery, rods being placed in the bone, casts, and time away from work or school.
- Neck and back injuries: Whiplash is a type of neck injury caused by the neck quickly slamming forward and snapping backward in an auto accident. As a result, the neck muscles often become strained. Whiplash fades quickly, but it can have lasting effects for years, such as anxiety, headaches, sleeplessness, and muscle pain.
- Spinal cord injuries: Spinal cord injuries are serious neck and back injuries. When the spinal cord becomes damaged, the victim can become paralyzed from the location of the injury on the spine downward.
- Burns: auto accidents can lead to electrical burns or fires that can leave victims with devastating scars and pain.
- Bruises, bumps, and lacerations: These types of injuries are the least serious because they are superficial and can heal quickly. However, they may still require medical treatment and are painful.
Soft Tissue Injuries Caused From Auto Accidents
Soft tissue injuries are some of the most common auto accident injuries, but they can be overlooked. A victim’s tendons, muscles, and ligaments can become damaged due to the force of the auto accident, affecting nearly any part of the body, particularly around joints such as the knee and elbow. Soft tissue injuries do not become apparent until days after an auto accident, making it difficult for car accident victims to report their injuries at the accident scene. Nonetheless, when someone ignores a soft tissue injury, they can quickly cause a lifetime of chronic pain.
Suppose you have been in a California auto accident, and you begin to experience tenderness or pain in your joints are muscles after an accident. In that case, it is wise to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Ignoring the issue can make it difficult to obtain compensation for your medical cost later on. When a doctor diagnoses a soft tissue injury shortly after an auto accident, it is easier to prove that the motor vehicle accident caused the soft tissue injury. If you have any of the following symptoms or signs of soft tissue injury, seek medical attention as soon as possible:
- Muscle spasm
- Pain in the muscles or joints
- Difficulty concentrating
Emotional Trauma Caused by Auto Accidents
In addition to the physical injuries mentioned above, auto accidents can also cause emotional trauma. Emotional trauma may develop subtly after a motor vehicle accident and take time to become fully apparent. However, it is essential to seek professional help from a medical doctor or licensed therapist if you begin to experience emotional difficulties after an auto accident.
Suppose you decide to file a personal injury lawsuit. In that case, you can seek damages for your financial expenses as well as for your pain and suffering. Some of the common types of emotional damage in an auto accident include the following:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Memory loss
- Difficulty sleeping
- Irritability and mood swings
- Phobias related to transportation
Discuss Your Case for Free With an Experienced California Auto Accident Lawyer Today
Have you become seriously injured in a California auto accident? Are you concerned about how you will pay for your mounting medical bills while taking time off to recover? Do you have questions about fault and how it might impact your auto injury claim? If so, a skilled personal injury lawyer at Cianchetta & Associates can answer all of your questions and help you fight to obtain the compensation you deserve. We offer potential clients a free consultation to ask us questions and learn more about our legal services. Contact us today to schedule your free initial consultation with a top-rated California auto accident lawyer.
Mr. Cianchetta is an OUTSTANDING attorney. I was a little nervous about seeing an attorney for my case. Mr. Cianchetta and his staff made my wife and I feel right at ease. He took extra time explaining what to expect before, during and after our process. His advice was right on!- Jack M.